It's no secret that 2016 was an outright disaster for most people. I'm sure there were a few exceptions - and for those of you who happened to beat the odds and had a good 2016, I applaud you.
I, myself, had several shining moments worth remembering and cherishing. But I also had many bad experiences that I would just as soon bury to the far reaches of my mind, never to revisit.
It is, of course, a tradition for people to make New Years Resolutions - a list of things we hope to accomplish and change with the clean slate of the new year. It is also, however, a tradition to forget and disregard our resolutions about a week and a half into the new year.
As such, I've never been one for the whole "New Years Resolutions" thing. If I ever wanted to change something - why wait? I change when I want to. And if I'm happy with myself and my life on New Years Eve, then I see no point in making silly promises to myself for the following day. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?
Well, thanks to whatever mentally-deficient cherub that Father Time put in charge of 2016, I actually DO have resolutions (of sorts) for the first time in my life. I've been neglecting my videos (until the past few months), my music, my art, and my writing. This is all about to change.
I have compiled the following list of reasonable personal goals for 2017. I prefer to call them "goals" because I feel it's a lot sturdier than "resolutions".
- I'm going to officially try to learn how to play the violin. I started taking lessons in high school, but I quit after only three or four lessons. Then I started up again when I was in my mid-20s... also to quit after only a couple of lessons. Since I have the memory of those lessons under my belt, and a violin beginner book, (and Mike happens to HAVE a violin), I figured now is the time to finally make it happen.
- I'm going to learn how to make my own clothes. This is something I've been wanting to do forever, and I finally have a reliable sewing machine. I'm going to start with simple things and try my best.
- I'm going to make YouTube vlogs more often. I like documenting my life and I know my viewers like to see more videos, so this is a no-brainer. Bonus: I'll be vlogging my violin and sewing progress!
- I'm going to finally finish my darn book that I've been writing/editing since 2003. No further explanation necessary.
- I'm going to have more adventures. I like exploring new places and seeing new things and meeting new people (not in the gooey "I wanna make more friends" kind of way, but just random interesting encounters with strangers). Of course, these things will also be vlogged - huzzah!
Of course, you might be wondering how I plan to accomplish all of this. I already pretty much have a full plate, what with both my YouTube channels, keeping up with this website, making candles, spending time with Mike, going to visit my mom so frequently, cooking our meals, cleaning our house, reading, doing crossword puzzles, and all the Netflix and Candy Crush that I enjoy. Oh yeah...and sleep. How am I going to fit in all of these things to my already jam-packed life? The answer is simple:
I'm a Time Lord.
Happy 2017, everyone! Let's make it a good one! You can always help me by sharing my videos and blog posts on social media. It will help generate more income for me that will fund my new adventures - and then you'll get to see them in the vlogs! :)